Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: NVIDIA Portable Announced Jan 7, 2013, 13:18 jdreyer

This is interesting. The Unreal Engine 3 has been ported to Android so we could see some decent games, but there aren't many games currently (Dungeon Defenders, Bad Day, Demon Score, and Wild Blood were all I could dredge up). The main problem here is that mobile developers aren't going to develop for the power of this hardware since it will limit potential sales if it won't run on a normal phone or tablet.

I understand why they went with Android (battery life and "free" O/S) but it would have been MORE interesting if they had gone with one of those ultra low power Intel CPU instead of an ARM. Then if they'd worked with MS to get a mobile version of Windows with DX9/11 graphics, there would be a HUGE stable of cheap pre existing game software to drive sales.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo