Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: the king of the concrete jungle, The Lion King! Jan 6, 2013, 23:37 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 22:18:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 19:49:
i recently saw Cloud Atlas... it really reminded me of a Disney movie thats made for adults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXUgtNC4Kc

Was it any good? I could never figure out from the trailer what the hell it was supposed to be about.

Creston

yeh its about past lives somewhat, the same actors play different characters in different time periods and the movie keeps switching back and forth constantly

it also focuses on what buddhists call "interdependent origination" or "indras net" - or in other words, everything is connected and affects everything else, endlessly.. its somewhat related to the modern concept of the "butterfly effect" i think

it was entertaining... but ultimately not very "profound" which it seemed to want to be - however that may be due to the fact that i am quite familiar with these kinds of concepts in many different forms

hence the "disney" reference.. it seemed like a childish and watered down version of the idea, presented in a bombastic and epic way - with a fair amount of bloody violence and some nudity thrown in

its another book adaptation, which i havent read - my friends have indicated "the book is way better" which is usually the case anyway

i will say that for me, even at 3 hours it didnt really drag or anything.. id recommend it if you can keep your expectations low

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2013, 23:44.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo