Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2013, 00:38 RollinThundr

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 22:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 22:31:
I say it all the time Dades, being personally responsible will get you farther in life than expecting the government to hand you a life. That should be basic fucking common sense.

It's a good thing no one said the government should hand anyone a life then. Who said I'm a liberal? Assumptions, assumptions. Personal responsibility is some parenting level shit and just common sense. Democrats don't run on a platform of smaller government, Republicans do. Their failure is much larger in that context as government never seems to shrink in their stead despite it being a principle of the party. Size of government isn't even the problem, US citizens pay far less taxes than other countries but americans want a quality of life that exceeds those countries while continually paying less. Reducing the size of government will only make that worse. 15 trillion in debt did not come about because of health care or arts funding, it was wars you couldn't afford, the thousands of big corps that are paying a few million in taxes on revenues in the fucking billions through offshore tax loopholes, two decades of broken trickle down economics and deficient tax revenues.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Oh boy. Yes, all our debt is due to corporations. Yep. mmm hmm sure.
It couldn't be from all those folks who game the welfare system and don't pay back into the very system they're robbing from.

I'm all for raising taxes and fixing loopholes at the same time, but on that same token, cut spending on all the bloated programs we have, start with the Department of Education and things like headstart that flat out don't work. Cut military spending and pull all our guys out of places like Japan who have been there since the end of WW2. Cut shit like PBS and NPR, make corporate lobbying illegal.

Dades if it acts like a liberal and talks like a liberal, it's prolly a liberal. I've been called everything from a "teabagger" to a libertarian, Personally, I just consider myself fiscally conservative and not much else beyond that.

Raising taxes is all well and good, but not if it's going to empower Obama, the dems, or republicans just to spend more without any cuts.

And better to start doing it now before we're bankrupt, because we're approaching that pretty fucking quickly.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo