Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 20:44 Golwar

Dev wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 20:08:
Golwar wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 20:05:
It could also be a general business requirement to become "more serious".
What are you talking about?

They don't have stockholders to impose any such thing on them, they are privately owned.

They have a flat management structure, so no managers, or VPs of marketing or anything like that pushing crap down from on high.

Pretty sure that none of the useless laws passed last year by the useless government said "ZOMG YOU CANT HAVE FUN SALES"

Who exactly were you envisioning would impose something like that on them?

However, they did just last year hire their first economist from what I recall. Maybe they were letting him have a go at running the sales.

They don't have stockholders, true. But they have huge business partners. Maybe you could always realize your dreams without caring about any feedback from others, but trust me that not everyone is that lucky.
If business partners, on which you depend, express certain expectations, you'll sooner or later will have to reach an agreement. Also known as a compromise.

Maybe one the big ones didn't like all that spotlighting of indie titles in the holiday events 2 years ago?
At least that sounds far more reasonable to me than the simple "it stopped being fun".

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo