Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Bond Games MIA Jan 5, 2013, 13:02 nin

Anonymous wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 08:58:
I just want to take a moment to just say how fucking awesome Goldeneye 64 was.

I remember when that game came out. I was in Junior High. Of course all the missions were cool but let's not forget how damned fun it was to shoot people up.

This was the first game I am aware of with visible damage (blood).

Goldeneye was so fucking awesome. And it pisses me off when people judge it by modern standards.

You can't do that! This game was a pioneer in so many different ways! Modern games owe so much to Goldeneye!

It was an awesome game hands down. One of the best first person shooters ever made in the history of videogames!!!!!!!!!!

Objective based missions, visible damage, decals pock marks smoke effects, best looking explosions.... There is a longer list than that I just can't remember anymore!!!

While this post is filled with tons of nostalgia, as someone who played a lot of Goldeneye myself, I agree completely. It was a damn fun SP game, and when you got into multi, it was an absolute riot.

It saddens me rare/MS/activision/nintendo/whoever owns the bond property couldn't come to some sort of agreement that would have allowed the rom to be released on current gen systems (perhaps with a slight graphical overhaul that preserved the core gameplay), as there's a whole generation of folks that have no idea what they missed.

Oh, and location based damage (notably crotch shots, where the NPC would react to being shot there). I'm not saying it was the first, but it was one of the earlier ones.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo