Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Bond Games MIA Jan 4, 2013, 22:35 Scottish Martial Arts

Anyway, I've always wanted to see a good Bond game - never played Goldeneye. Was it like NOLF?

There were some definite similarities. Goldeneye's big thing was that it was objective driven rather than "find the exit" driven. Now, often times your last objective was to exit the level, but prior to that you would explore relatively non-linear levels to find key items, blow up certain things, kill/talk to key NPCs, etc. The difficulty levels were also quite interesting in that difficulty not only affected the number of enemies in the level, but also what objectives you had to complete, what doors were initially locked, etc. Now that said, there was only one level that involved anything approximating stealth, the environments were pretty non-interactive and didn't fell terribly alive, and there wasn't nearly the focus on gadgetry that NOLF had, so in that respect the games are quite different, but at the least you can see some influence of Goldeneye upon NOLF.

At any rate, I haven't played Goldeneye in over 12 years, so I have no idea if it still holds up, but at the time it was a pretty solid shooter.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo