Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: GarageGames Game Development Kit Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 10:25 wtf_man

Without a ton of art assets available, none of these game makers are much good.

And I'm not talking just assets you can plug in... I'm talking about the source models, animations, and textures, as well... so they can at least be heavily modified into something that is fairly original, but the bulk of the asset work has been already done. Prototype quickly with the assets as they are... then go through and modify them with 3DS max or Blender or something.

But the point is... there needs to be a huge library available, standardized (like each character model has walk, run, combat, dodge / cover, and death animations - all in the same order).. and a good chunk needs to be included. Model packs would still be sold on top of the included library.

Also... these "no programming necessary" game makers are BS. They're either very very limited on what you can do, or there is scripting language that is so complex that it is practically a programming language (so it's a lie).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo