Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 16:11 jdreyer

I don't see most of those xbox problems going away now or after the new one ships. Most are money makers for MS.

1. They won't offer AAA downloads cheaply or on day 1 since that pisses off the brick and mortar outlets.

2. They might fix this one with the next gen xbox (b/c it's cool and can be used as a sales point, but also non-financial beyond the dev cost)

3. They always will mismatch the points you can buy with the cost of the games so they can get more money from you. Beauty of a closed system.

4. Ads make money, and advertisers make loud ads. This is hated by the general population, and the US is in the process of considering laws to curb ad volume, although I think it only applies to TV.

5. $40K to deploy a patch? Not gonna change that money maker.

6. This might change. Sounds like it might be hurting sales. I'd expect a change like that to roll out with the new hardware.

7. A good idea, although personally I prefer to shut my devices completely off so they don't vampire my electricity.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo