Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Footage Jan 3, 2013, 13:09 sauron

Mingus wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 11:36:
Looking back, (waaay back), the only game mechanic I recall truly liking with FFXI was fishing. I made it to 50 or so as a White Mage, but the grind was far too much for me.

I just can't see myself investing either the time or patience for this or any other MMORPG.

I attribute this to age.

In FFXI I ended up with 3 jobs at 99, the new level cap (Beastmaster, Bard, White Mage), and most of the expansions completed (including Chains of Promathia, which was really, really hard and took about 12 months). Plus a bunch of raiding/alliance events at endgame. Too much time. Far too much, honestly.

The only MMO I have time for right now is Guild Wars 2. It's very casual-friendly - most raids take under 45 minutes and there are some you can blast through with 5 people in 15 minutes or less if you know what you're doing. And getting a group takes 2 minutes or less - I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes, ever. So I can log on for an hour and really have a blast, without feeling guilty afterwards.

Uh, although I did just start the quest for a Legendary Weapon in GW2, which means I'll need to run dailies every day, for 6 months...

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2013, 13:16.

Kittens!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo