Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2013, 13:02  Blue 

Steelcamp wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 09:31:
Blue dude,

With dead car batteries come shorts in the electrical system. Mostly in the battery itself as a result of other shorts.
Opinion: replace battery, alternator, battery cables and make sure you have new battery cable connectors. Then be done with it.

When you are lucky enough to have a good trustworthy mechanic, letting him diagnose the problem seems desirable. I just spoke with my guy and this broken dome light switch on the door seems to be the culprit. Replacing the alternator would not have addressed that, so I think I made the correct choice.

I know it sounds like throwing money at it and hope it works...but that is what I usually do with older cars. How old is you car BTW?

Older fits. It's an '03 so it's probably about 10 (we got it used). It's an Accord, and has never cost us much for repairs (which is the idea behind getting such a car). We've had two serious issues along the way, and both of them were handled for free by Honda out-of-warranty, since they still deemed themselves responsible.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo