Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 14:24 theyarecomingforyou

I was very critical of Remedy for announcing they were dropping the PC as a platform for Alan Wake at the time and just as much when I heard they were going to be releasing it on PC nearly two years later. However, it was a really well done port and the graphics were exceptional (a dramatic improvement on the console version). Mouse and keyboard was properly implemented and it was well optimised. They also discounted the game and included all the DLC as standard, which was a nice gesture after the massive delay.

Kajetan wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 09:43:
I would like to see a PC game for PCs, not just a port with horrible controls and weird design descisions, which may be ok with a console crowd but annoys the heck out of PC players. Remedy and Steam forums are full of PC players complaining about the mouse/keyboard controls and the "unusual" camera positions.
That really wasn't my experience at all. The mouse had mouse smoothing enabled by default but with it disabled it was much more responsive. As for the camera positions, I didn't have any issues. In fact it was very well done for a third-person game.

I for one am very interested to see what Remedy will be doing next, especially as it sounds like it will be released on PC (otherwise they wouldn't announce it when promoting a Steam sale).

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo