Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:23 jimnms

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 19:11:
ALMOST ready to pull the trigger on DSC Warthog, but not sure if I'd invest the time to actually learn the aircraft systems, but watching the Giant Bomb video of the guys just trying to start up the aircraft makes me want it

Realistic military flight sims is what really got me into PC gaming. Falcon 4 was the last one I played, and probably still the greatest one ever made. I enjoyed going through the training learning the systems, etc., and the dynamic campaign of F4 is something that's never been beaten.

For some reason I haven't been into hardcore sims lately. I have Black Shark, but only played it enough to learn to start it up and fly around. I didn't get to learning the navigation and weapon systems. With only single missions and a linear/branching campaign, I just didn't stick with it because it felt like once I finished learning the aircraft there wasn't anything left to do. Maybe I don't have the patience I once had or Falcon 4 spoiled me.

I was tempted to get A-10 during the fall sale, but decided not to. Then it came up as the community choice deal the other day, and I decided to go ahead and get it. I had it in my cart ready to check out, then the Steam store page kept timing out (the community pages worked fine though). I stayed up trying for a while, but finally had to go to bed.

I just took it as a sign that maybe it's time to retire from flight sims, but then it came up during the flash deal last night I went ahead and grabbed it.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo