Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Dec 31, 2012, 15:09 theyarecomingforyou

SectorEffector wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 13:50:
Or it will turn out like Max Payne 3.... which was running silky smooth and looking very, VERY good. It still had that stupid extra bit of bloat for logging in and stats, but that's easily overlooked when it runs perfect.

Did you play Max Payne 3? Same engine, and it seemed to me like it was much more optimized engine wise then GTA IV was.
Firstly, Max Payne 3 for PC was developed simultaneously with the console version - that isn't the case with GTAV. Secondly, the environments were much smaller. Thirdly, the in-game videos were shockingly low quality - absolutely disgusting for a modern game, especially when they were used so extensively. And the gameplay was really weak, which was a criticism I had of GTAIV as well. Also, the media put out for MP3 actually looked decent and Rockstar was happy to show off gameplay; everything shown for GTAV is a mess of low polygon models, low resolution textures and poor quality lighting and they won't show any gameplay videos. Obviously MP3 was a better port than GTAIV but it certainly wasn't up to the standards set by games like Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2 or Arkham City.

Don't forget that it was Rockstar that ported LA Noire to PC, which was a technical disaster. I appreciate that they took over from another developer, so I don't hold them entirely responsible, but even so it was in a pretty disgusting state.

If Rockstar cared about PC gamers then they'd do a simultaneous release, like they did with MP3. They're too busy enjoying cocaine parties thrown by Microsoft to give a shit about integrity.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo