Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Op Ed Dec 30, 2012, 23:34 Rigs

No..no..I got the best way to fix this problem...anyone that wants to buy a new system or component has to DO RESEARCH and find out themselves. How about that? I mean, shit, back in the late 80's/early 90's, there weren't ANY standards. You saw Intel 386SX (or god forbid, '100% IBM Compatible' - whatever the fuck that means), 2mb of RAM and 10mb of hard drive space...also an optional 100% Sound Blaster Compatible sound card. Don't have it? Tough shit!

Oh and don't forget when you get the box open and it says you need at least 610k of conventional memory and at least 2mb or extended and/or expanded memory to run that awesome new game, which means making a 'boot disk'! Let's see how many kids figure that shit out nowadays! Then maybe we can play our Call of Halo Medal's in peace!

Yup, I'd be MORE than willing to go back to that...PC gaming doesn't need to be mainstream...

EDIT: This got me thinking about the first 'modern' PC game I ever bought, Aces of the Pacific. I got that six months before I got the PC to play it on! Just read the huge-ass manual over and over...Anyway, the box said Intel 386SX/16 with 2mb or RAM minimum. When I got my PC for Christmas (IBM PS/1 486SX/25mhz with 4mb RAM), I looked at the 'technical supplement' (this was all new to me and I hadn't been able to practice on another system beforehand) and it said you HAD to have at least 590k of conventional memory and at least 2mb of extended memory. You know it took me THREE DAYS to finally get the right configuration set to get it running?! Yeah, it was fuckin' worth it all the way, but damn! I can't see the kids of today taking the time to do something like that or even their parents...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2012, 23:44.

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo