Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 20:53 Trevellian

Dades wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 20:12:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 19:00:
The movie was terrible to you, not people who understood it, it's intentions and where it was to lead. Once again, opinions. I never went into Prometheus expecting it to directly link up to Alien at the end because I knew that was what he was avoiding.

Sure opinions but Prometheus is not exactly a complex or difficult to understand film. Plenty of people saw the unsubtle allegories and symbolism but still didn't like it because as Jerykk mentioned, it was filled with inconsistencies and had the usual Damon Lindelhof script treatment. Prometheus was almost a large budget B flick as a result of that and the cutting room, the differences between the theatrical and extended are jarring.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Scott's extended versions being superior to the theatrical versions are sort of a running theme unfortunately. I actually got into an argument over Kingdom of Heaven with a friend when I saw it because he didn't understand the motivation for killing the priest at the beginning, without spoiling anything for anyone who may not have seen it, there is about 20 minutes prior to that in the Extended cut that cause it to actually make sense. I don't understand why this consistently happens to Scott's films, you'd think people would just trust his instincts by now based on how much more people buy his Extended/Director's Cuts than the originals.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo