Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 14:26 Trevellian

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:57:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:17:
I have high hopes for it, but only because Borderlands 2 proved they had learned their lesson on the PC as far as interface and graphics options. That and they have some of the best drop in drop out gameplay on Steamworks with BL2 and are supposedly sticking with that system for this Aliens game. I'm ready to go bug hunting for sure.

...are you being sarcastic? The Borderlands 2 PC interface was STILL horrible. Not quite as bad as BL1, but close. It was basically the console interface ported over. Last I checked it still has bugs if you scroll fast through the inventory. Are you playing with a gamepad or something?

On top of that the multiplayer was buggy for quite some time after release in BL2, it's somewhat tolerable now, but they still had the port issue right after release.

More on topic: This game looks like it would have been great, if they hadn't gone with off canon aliens, and a 4 player limit. Oh well. Bargain bin at best.

I'm not being sarcastic, the interface in Borderlands 2 was as I expected from a PC game, I don't know what issues you're having with it, or how you expected it to look but when I click on shit it works. And no, why the fuck would I use a Gamepad for an FPS on a PC. I never had a issue scrolling my inventory. I have over 300 hours into Borderlands 2, so it's not from lack of playing either.

The multiplayer was never buggy for me, sorry it was for you. I click on people, it joins, what is the issue? What port issue? Never encounter it in BL2. Had to use Hamachi to play BL1, that I considered a problem. Steamworks gave me 0 problems with BL2 Multi, I was able to immediately play with any of my friends. I can't speak for matchmaking as I don't play with random people because they piss me off.

The game looks great period, regardless of your opinion. There have always been hybrid aliens, and multiple kinds of Aliens, where you get this random fucking concept that there is 1 type of alien is beyond me, there are Warriors, Queens, Drones, Facehuggers, Aliens from dogs look different and move different. Prometheus introduced the fact there is even more evolution in the time period between it and the original Alien movie as well. It's been in all the movies, it's canon. The bottom line is, you don't dictate what is canon, Ridley Scott does. He had plenty of input on this game working WITH Gearbox, so if it's in there, guess what, it's now Canon.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2012, 14:33.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo