Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Boxing Day Mobilization Dec 27, 2012, 15:21 Kitkoan

John wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 08:43:
Kitkoan wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 20:37:
I am curious though, what is the long term costs of the iPads? Seems all those Apple devices have low build quality in the Home button (seems most don't live past a year, with two years being a rarity.) Everyone keeps wanting those to be the future, yet they keep having so many problems and issues with them.
I've got two iPhone 3G's (the 2nd gen model, not 3GS) and both their home buttons work fine still. One I actually just gave to a friend for his daughter and the other I use as a universal remote. I also have three newer iPhones (one is almost 3 years old) and an iPad with working home buttons.

Sure, I know some people have problems with them, but I would only say a small number do even after a year. Many of my co-workers own iPhones too and I have yet to hear of one having that issue. Most of them have the 4 or 4S which they keep for at least 2 years when they can get an upgrade. And typically they pass their old phone to their kids when they upgrade.

Most of the ones I've seen, after the cracked screens, the Home button is a very common issue. And it was also the biggest complaint on Ars Technica when asked what they wanted to see in the iPhone 5, a decent quality Home button (or removed and be more like Android).

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo