Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: 3D Film Dec 27, 2012, 11:53 Panickd

3D film isn't bad when it's showing stuff that was shot or created in 3D (computer animated films look particularly good in the format), but most of the stuff they shove onto screens in 3D is converted to 3D in post production and looks like absolute crap! I can understand asking people to pay more for the tickets when you've gone to the extra trouble to actually create something in that format but to ask me for more money when you couldn't even be bothered to do it the right way is complete bullshit. More to the point though is the fact that 3D is inadvertently ruining the 2D film experience in a lot of theaters. When they don't swap out the 3D lenses while showing a 2D movie (which most theaters don't because it takes time and isn't easy with some of the new digital projectors) it drains all the colors from the film and makes everything look very dark. It's all enough to kill my enthusiasm for going to the movies more than a handful of times a year.  

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo