Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Boxing Day Mobilization Dec 26, 2012, 21:47 jdreyer

SectorEffector wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 19:45:
I'm so proud of you guys, first post with iPad or Apple in it and nobody is lamblasting a consumer who purchases an apple product.

Normally I spend most of my time getting lost in useless arguments about absolutely asinine specifics of things while bigger points get lost.

Actual discussion? wow we are starting to seem like ArsTechnica here.

Well, I hate Apple and Apple products. I hate the walled garden and the over-pricing and the elitist image they create for people using their products. That being said, my wife got me an ipod for Christmas, my first Apple product ever, so I figured I'd give it a go. Ding 1: I need itunes or similar software to even load music onto it. I can't just do a file copy. Ding 2: to get FM radio, I have to spend $50 to add an FM radio module. Ridiculous. It goes back, and I'm ordering a Sandisk MP3 player or something.

EDIT: I picked up a Samsung Gal II 10" tablet for the fam for X-Mas. Damn, that things is sweet. Beautiful screen, lightweight, decent speed, plays games decently (got the Android humble indie bundle last month), plays hi-def vid silky smooth, overall a very nice piece of kit. And I paid $279 for it over at Costco. What's the cheapest ipad cost again?

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2012, 21:52.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo