Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: etc., etc. Dec 22, 2012, 07:00 Dmitri_M

It's too easy for Americans to get guns. Not that I think making it harder would have prevented this.

Ultimately firearms make murders easy for people who aren't physically imposing or don't have the guts to really get their hands dirty. It's a device with a switch that makes killing possible with little effort.

I don't think firearms are directly the issue. There honestly isn't much direct action one can take to prevent this. Beyond perhaps individual responsibility and noticing when someone has mental health issues. Even that is hard since if you're thinking of killing off a room of school children you're likely withdrawn and not interacting socially enough to be noticed. There really isn't an easy answer to this.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 01:43:
Couldn't we just bring troops home and put THEM in the schools? 3 to a school....They stay employed and they are here with their famalies....
A bunch of PTSD itchy trigger finger soldiers guarding screaming kids?

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2012, 07:09.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo