Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 00:41 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 22:28:
Didn't you ever see Delta Force, where Chuck Norris rides a dirt bike and climbs aboard a jet full of hostages?!?

Gah Rigs, what the hell!?!

When I hear 'dropship', I think sci-fi (Aliens, HALO, Starship Troopers, Star Wars) not the real, modern battlefield. And dirt bikes...well, you pointed out Delta Force, which was 80's style. So both pretty much 'bookend' BF3's depiction of warfare as it's suppose to be in the 20-teens...I could see if they added quads, Hummvees, (if they weren't already in the game) or maybe an armored golf cart or two. A 'modern' dropship, in my mind, would be a V-22 Osprey, similar to those jet-powered ones in BLOPS2. But then, those in BLOPS2 remind me immediately of the Pelicans in HALO. So, no, dropship is not a good name for a 'modern' airborne troop transport...IMO...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo