Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2012, 19:20 jimnms

I thought the world was over this morning when I woke up and my internet connection was out. I couldn't check Steam's store page, so I grabbed my netbook and left home early. I saw a work truck from the cable co. down the street from my house, so I figured they'd have it back on by the time I got home. I drove to a McDonald's and sat in the parking lot using their free wifi to check Steam. I didn't miss anything and there was over 4 hours until the next set of flash deals rolled over.

When I got home this evening it was still out. I called the cable co. and they said they were aware of the problem and crews were in the area working on it. I ate a snack and watched something that was recorded. I was about to pack up my netbook and head back to McDonalds when a few minutes ago when it finally came back up. It must have been something serious for it to be out so long.

Around this same time (Steam winter sale) the last two years my connection was constantly cutting off and on several times a day. I'm wondering if my ISP is doing this on purpose.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo