Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Opens Dec 20, 2012, 03:37 Beelzebud

Nice to see this happening. Right now I've nearly got it running in Slackware, just have to recheck my libraries when I get some time to tinker with it. I had Ubuntu set up, and it was trivial to get it all running there. With an AMD HD5770 I was running TF2 at full speed as long as I turned anti-aliasing off. The only other Steam game I had that had a Linux client working in beta was Space Pirates and Zombies, and it worked with no problems at all.

Confirmed working on Slackware by me late last night. I got Steam installed and running, and Space Pirates and Zombies plays flawlessly. I get an error in TF2 when I try to launch it, but it was late and I was done troubleshooting for the night. I'll get it running.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 14:04.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo