Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 20, 2012, 00:03 mag

jdreyer wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 14:44:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 14:15:

I didn't say I hate SC2 I own it and put quiet a few hours into it, I just prefer SC1 because of how tough it was compared to SC1 and also it was a lot larger (maps, #of units, etc)
I do play some SC2 also when I am tired and don't feel like launching into an epic fight against the AI but I still prefer SC1 over SC2.
I think there's been talks about SC3 a while back but then everything went silent so I am really hoping they will learn from their mistakes and bring an awesome SC game out.
Also ditch the console versions, noone wants to play strategy games on the consoles. Just focus on the PC!

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically, just in general. Often when this game is brought up, people are down on it, which I don't really get. Probably for the reasons I mentioned, but I like having the option betw complex SC1 and streamlined SC2. Just wondering if there are other reasons out there.

I rather hate SC2. I admit it. Mostly because they turned it into a crappy version of every other RTS out there.

Two things really set SC apart from most other RTS games: The scope and scale of the game, and the economy. Both were put more in line with the standard for SC2. If you try to do the economy in SC2 the way you do in SC, no buildings will ever get built. Only units will. It requires you to micromanage every little thing so that when you want to build something, you have exactly enough resources available.

Those are my main gripes. There are lots of other ones like the lack of fuel, the forever-hovering aircraft, the broken ferry system, the weaksauce experimentals, etc. etc.

The upgrade system's cool, though.

Edit: Basically, it left SC's promise unfulfilled. Supreme Commander was hamstrung by some bugs, some balance issues, some performance issues. It had so much promise. And they fixed a lot of that with SC2, especially with the improved pathfinding. But SC is the game that really needed those improvements, since it was the large scale one.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo