Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

59. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 23:25 MajorD

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:13:
... It's nothing more than a cheap knock-off....

There is probably no way of verifying either way, but Titov claims the War Z was in development already by the time the DayZ alpha released. Of course, given how they weren't too worried about honesty in what was reflected on the Steam store page, I know I am less inclined to believe Titov.

When WarZ was announced here on Blue's News, I was very skeptical when Sergey said the game had already been in development before DayZ, blah, blah, blah….They used the name “WarZ” to capture the attention of the DayZ fan base, and it all just smelled. I could be wrong, but without reading about what we know now, and only what I knew then, it was clear the timing and lack of anything substantial to show at the time was just all off. When it was first announced here on Blue’s there was little to be found, but I did a little digging and connected the dots from WarZ to Hammerpoint Interactive and Arktos Entertainment group, and then War Inc. All they had at this point was supposed in-game screen shots, marketing verbiage, but NO gameplay videos, so I have to hand it to their marketing group; they did a damn good job marketing/selling the whole thing. At the time it seemed obvious, and especially now, that while their marketing group was busy with heavily marketing the game, the coders/mappers/developers/etc. were busy behind the scenes secretly and feverishly banging away at building the game on the War Inc. engine to get it to beta ASAP so it wouldn’t look like they just came up with the idea following Rocket’s success with DayZ.

This was pretty much confirmed once the WarZ beta was released, as they didn’t have much of anything, as the map wasn’t complete, loot spawns weren’t completely put in place, bugs and glitches left and right, etc. But, as they suckered more and more people into their ‘cash grab’, they were able to keep going and continuously grow the ‘first map’ (which they are still working on and adding to), finish adding the safe zones, weeding out the bugs, and more UI options, add more detail to the map, etc, etc, etc.

The bottom line is that they jumped on an idea of quickly marketing/selling an idea based on the success of Rocket’s DayZ, but their continuous deceit and lies on top of lies weaved a big ol’ web that they are now having trouble breaking free from……

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 01:04.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo