Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 22:45 Prez

Come on Supreme Commander 3 - Non-Accessible Version!!

I really liked Supreme Commander 2, though I get the "dumbed down" complaint because the economy and production was extremely simplistic and cookie cutter in 2 as compared to Supreme Commander. I liked how maintaining a working in economy in SC required real attention and effort. SC2 suffered in my opinion because it abandoned the complex economy.

Taylor says he did that to garner more sales by making the game more accessible to a larger audience because the original only saw mediocre success. I think that was a mistake because in my opinion the first one was most hurt by the technology - it absolutely required a multi-core processor at a time when dual core was only just starting to gain some traction in the market-place. Even as streamlined as it was SC2 was still too complex for the more casual RTS player who is used to Age of Empires and Command and Conquer. The fact that he got it running on consoles at all was a minor miracle, but I doubt the effort paid off given the console market's penchant for simpler games.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo