Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

58. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 19, 2012, 15:35 netnerd85

I'm not being "so defensive". I just haven't followed all the press leading up to it. So I don't have all those promises being broken to me. I was mildly interested because it was id software, the same way I am mildly interested when epic games say something. I'm not a massive fan of either company.

I really like RAGE and thought it was a good mix of FPS and RPG elements. Obviously it's a shooter first and RPG very very last.

Does it suck that it's taken so long? Of course but these things happen. They happen ALL the time. Mafia 2 took 8 years and was butchered. Duke Nukem Forever... we all know. They are still good games, they don't live up to any of the hype or fantasies we held in our minds. It happens in our gaming world.

Developers need to tell publishers to shut up and stay out of managing expectations. Developers need to deliver. It isn't going to help to yell and scream and kick like a child though? is it? There need to be understanding all round. It's not easy to develop a game. It's not easy to make money. And it's impossible to please everyone.

I've decided that being negative about such things really isn't helping anything. So I'm doing my best to talk to the people that make games and offer feedback that can actually be used. Derping doesn't help. Ripping apart doesn't help. Sitting down and taking the time to look at something and go "ok, heres the issue and a possible solution" does help.

Developers want to make good games. Publishers want to make money and Players want to play good games at fair prices. Being at each others throats has got us no where. Let's not scare them off into the mobile game market where only shit is made for general day office retards. PC Gamers need to step up.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo