Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

68. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 19, 2012, 10:10 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 09:43:
But you can't force people that don't want it to use it.
And they know this. There is a very sizeable chunk of the market that has absolutely no interest in ever playing with anyone else.

No, and they can't force people who don't want to pay for the game to pay for the game either. But that's not the point, the point is to focus on who they can affect. EA sees the future - rightly or wrongly - as being based around socialization. So that's the direction they are going. Personally, I find that annoying, and I suspect a lot of others around here do too. But that doesn't change what they are doing or why they are doing it, it just affects how we view it. The facts don't change.

Verno wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 09:53:
That's fine, they just shouldn't be surprised when many people aren't in the business of buying EA games anymore or resort to piracy. I'm a pretty open minded gamer but forcing this sort of thing is running roughshod over both peoples nostalgia and business common sense. I sincerely hope this game is a sales failure but I suspect it will move units based on the name which is exasperating.

I don't disagree. They are betting they will get more sales this way than they'll lose. I hope they are wrong, although I'm not sure that they'll get that message even if the games aren't successful. When there are lots of factors that go into a game's success, it's hard to pinpoint one area as being a major factor. Hopefully the AMA gave them an idea of how annoyed people really are.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo