Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 16, 2012, 13:30 Suppa7

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 16:25:
Doom 3 I felt was when id Software started going downhill, with derivative and uninspired gameplay with graphics that were technically impressive but generally unappealing. RAGE was simply a disaster - a game that was obviously designed for consoles and that suffered one of the worst PC releases I've come across.

Doom 3 technically wasn't a bad game, the real problem was both Doom 1 and Doom 2 had cartoony graphics and Doom 3 didn't feel in any-way related to the classics. It felt like it was it's own seperate universe un-connected with the first two games.

It really should have been called something else. I wasn't so much disappointed in Doom 3 because it was a bad game, but because the game itself was not made in the same style and spirit as the first two games.

I'd love to see someone make a real sequel to doom 2 using the same kind of cartoony based art aesthetic and just fill the game to the brim with awesome. Something like serious sam 1 would be what I'd be shooting for, for a true sequel to Doom 2.

Doom 3 and the upcoming dooms are basically stand-alone games in their own separate universes unrelated to the first two.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo