Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2012, 01:35 Jivaro

I find that whole "gonna get on my soapbox to tell everyone else to get off their soapbox and then follow it with a bit of Matthew 7:16" thing vaguely familiar....the style seems to remind me of someone...

Oh wait...Space Captain...is that you? *waves* Merry X-Mas bud!

All joking aside, (and it was a joke btw, you probably don't know who SC is since you are so new), I have found it interesting to read everyone's thoughts on the various issues surrounding the very tragic events of yesterday. I would agree that more people do need to take productive action to affect change, but discussion has it's merits and I would point out that action without a prior discussion is a not often a wise idea. It never ceases to amaze me how this "gaming site" attracts so many individuals from so many different backgrounds with many different political, cultural, and religious views. It is not the place I would first think of to find perspectives not otherwise available to me in my circle of friends and family, but nonetheless it does and can occasionally offer a very interesting insight. To me, discussion is severely underrated. It is not just communication, it is a coping mechanism....and a healthy one at that.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2012, 01:50.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo