Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 16:25 theyarecomingforyou

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 11:36:
No it's not, as someone who gamed back then. I liked doom 2 better then quake 1 as a single player game.
Same. The transition from 2D to 3D was very jarring for the FPS and RTS genres. It may sound controversial to some but I much preferred Doom 2 to Quake 1, in much the same way I preferred C&C: Red Alert 2 to Emperor: Battle For Dune or C&C: Generals. The original Alone In The Dark is another pertinent example - it was ground-breaking for its time but graphically it was a mess in comparison to 2D games.

Quake 2 was when 3D games came into their own and it would truly revolutionary for its time. Quake 3 continued that trend, though I felt UT was the better game and was better graphically (aside from the lack of curved surfaces ). Doom 3 I felt was when id Software started going downhill, with derivative and uninspired gameplay with graphics that were technically impressive but generally unappealing. RAGE was simply a disaster - a game that was obviously designed for consoles and that suffered one of the worst PC releases I've come across.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo