Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 10:20 Quinn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 07:25:
OMG, they're actually charging for this? That's just adding insult to injury. They haven't addressed the horrifically low resolution textures that plagued the game, as if you look at the new screenshots they all have high texture detail for the character models and textures from 1994 for the environments. Look at this screenshot to see what I mean - all the environment textures are low resolution, overexposed, incongruent with surrounding textures and it's almost impossible to determine what material they're trying to portray.

The first thing they should have done was to release free DLC that added an actually ending to the game, which was alluded to in conversations with characters but never materialised. The second thing they should have done was to release the high resolution textures that Carmack talked about - even if they weren't much better it would have at least shown they were serious. And finally they should have released the mod tools that they said were going to be released with the game.

This is too little too late.

Thank god. There's still ppl out here with an opinion that makes sense to me.

I mean, RAGE! FFS! That game just fucking sucked, right? Or was it actually released in 1998? Then it's revolutionary and damn good lookin'.......

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo