Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 06:45 peteham

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 00:12:
Why would PC gamers want to play with gamepads? We'd just play in on consoles in that case. We're not console gamers. So no soup for them. Over half way into their 2 months KS - ridiculous in the first place - and just over half the funds? Noooooope. It's not going to happen.
Do you prefer mouse&keyboard? Even during the heyday of the sim genre, the people who actually had a proper HOTAS setups were few and far between. At best, people had a basic joystick with a thumb button and trigger, and 2-4 buttons on the base. A gamepad is no worse than this setup, and is VASTLY better than pure kbd/mouse.

FWIW, I replayed Freespace 2 last year on a dual analog gamepad, and it worked great. With some keyboard supplements, of course. Couldn't be arsed to replace my broken logitech joystick since it's basically been doing nothing but collect dust for the past decade or so anyway.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo