Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 08:31 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 04:03:
No. I actually wanted to see an intelligent SF flick. Not dumb as fuck aliens who cant work a doorknob, are alergic to water (REALLY?? REALLY?) and happen to be the chosen enemy of GOD HIMSELF! WHAT THE FUCK!!???

First, unless I'm remembering incorrectly the character specifically says he "locked" him in. Don't know about you, but I can not turn a locked doorknob. Why a pantry door would have a lock might be questionable but easily ignorable.

Second, I agree allergy to water was odd but easily explained by various sci-fi ideas. I'd find it more salient to complain about them attacking a world which 3/4 of is covered by a liquid poisonous to them. But even that can be explained -- "planets with life are so rare it's worth the risk".

Third, God as the enemy of the aliens? Are you sure you are thinking of the correct film? The movie is about a man who has lost his faith. What happened to cause him to lose it, and what happens to cause him to get it back. Now, it just so happens the faith is his faith in God but it probably have been spun to be faith in humanity or something else.

I'm an agnostic leaning towards being an atheist and I still found that story line compelling. Do you enjoy any films or do you just always storm out complaining about the unbelievable things that happen in a fictional setting?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo