Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Game Reviews Dec 12, 2012, 20:27 NewMaxx

Bhruic wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 15:05:
I played through the EE and actually finished it, unlike my previous playthroughs ... Definitely didn't have any issues with the game graphically. A few bugs, but hard to say if they were already there, or caused by the modifications. ... It inspired me enough to import the character into BG2 and play through that as well. And that definitely made it clear where some of the improvements in BG:EE were, playing at high res (with a mod to do so) in BG2 makes the UI really poor. ... For me, the nostalgia matched the reality.

Same! Played it all the way through and quite comprehensively, at that. Certainly some of the old mechanics can grate a bit, and there are some noticeable bugs (that can be fixed with debug mode), but overall it was a nice experience. I also imported to BG2 and am enjoying that a lot, although I agree that I wish it had the "EE" treatment already.

Honestly I have had the opposite reaction to a lot of comments in this thread...BG1 + BG2, if anything, served to remind me just how shallow modern games are in so many ways, and in how many ways they are just copying the past. It's true I've been leaning on older games a lot lately, but still...

I find myself time and again in BG2 just shaking my head at something continuously awesome (a series of cool events, basically) and just trying to wonder where that impression has gone. New Vegas gave me a little of that taste. A recent interview with Chris Avellone about Project Eternity actually touches on exactly this feeling that he wants to again offer to players.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo