Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 18:37 crypto

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 16:22:
nin wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 12:10:
So why am I finding myself to be so skeptical about the Superman movie? I loved Watchmen and the The Dark Knight trilogy...

But did you like Stupid Punch and 300?

I agree though: Hopefully with the Nolans involved, it'll be better.

And I would have liked 300 a lot more if it hadn't been shot like a music video. And while I think we're in the minority, I enjoyed Watchmen, too. I think, given the source material, it was about the best it could be done. (That's not a glowing endorsement, but I can't see it being done better.)

Snyder is much better as a director when working with other's material. Sucker Punch is by far his worst movie, and the idea and screenplay were his. He did help write the 300 screenplay, but of course it's based on Miller's work. With Dark Knight scribe Goyer and with Nolan on as producer, I have high hopes for Man of Steel. The trailer showed just enough footage to have me asking questions about what's going on without really giving any of the story away, so ideal as far as trailers go.

Watchmen is probably my favorite hero movie. I love the stakes, the mystery, the philosophy, the distinct characters, the history it created, the fact that it's 'R'. It felt real, despite its fantastic propositions. I had never read the novel, so knew nothing going in, and was subsequently blown away.

For the first time, I'm wondering how superman shaves his face...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo