Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold Dec 12, 2012, 13:17 theyarecomingforyou

I really enjoyed SoC and CS - the former for its scare factor; the latter for its narrative focus and better AI - but CoP did nothing for me, as they dialled back the graphics and they simply hadn't done anything to advance the formula. The genre had simply moved on and playing through a rehashed version of the previous two games was a real grind.

I'd love to see a proper sequel with a new engine and more refined gameplay, as it's certainly a compelling brand. It's a shame that they made such a mess of development - I imagine that running years behind schedule with the original game was probably responsible for most of their financial troubles, while the technical issues that plagued the series must have put off a lot of people.

Metro 2033 was a much more polished and narratively driven game, created from a splinter group that worked on the original STALKER. It's a complete different genre of game but it was much better than CoP. I'm really looking forward to Metro: Last Light.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo