Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 12, 2012, 12:39 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:14:
I actually have better luck replaying old NES/SNES/Genesis era console stuff than I do old computer games.

I just bought a old NES and replaced the 72 pin connector. Going to give the case a once over so it looks better as well. The previous owner wasn't a smoker, so it isn't yellow or anything, but it definitly could use some cleaning. Found the original SMB games, Double Dribble, Commando, Ninja Gaiden, and a few others to start off with. Still need to locate the gold cartridge editions of Legend of Zelda and Adventures of Link, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, and a few others that I consider "must haves". The ones I have bought play well and are still fun. Thanks to the new connector I don't even have to bang on the console or anything to make them work..lol. More surprisingly, they actually look better on my TV then the Wii downloadable versions (where applicable of course). I have no idea why that is, does anybody else?

I also have started building up some Genesis games, but sadly the system I found had some issues so I returned it to the seller. Maybe after Christmas I will go find another one.

My step-son keeps asking me why I don't buy one of those cheap clone systems that plays like 3 different retro console cartridges and supports multiple controllers. I tried explaining that he is missing the point but he simply doesn't get it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo