Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 11, 2012, 19:55 Dev

fiftykyu wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 15:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 15:08:
Any game that's more than, say, 4 or 5 years old, should never sell for more than $5 digital. $9.99, maybe, with constant $4.99 sales. Let people impulse buy them and fall in love.

One random example - Steam has the excellent but eight-year-old Bloodlines listed at $20. It would be a bit silly for me to re-buy it at that price, just to eliminate scrounging for discs, but if it were only $5 I might have done so at some point.
Pretty sure I've seen that on sale for $5 or so before on steam.

Edit:

Yep,
http://steamsales.rhekua.com/search.php?term=bloodlines
Look at the icon of the chart there, and click the little > on the right.
Its been $5 or less 4 times, including twice this year, the most recent one for an entire weekend during the haloween sale.

Edit 2:
In fact, blue has linked NINE sales in the on sale section of the site listed in the past couple years where the game has been on sale for $5 (not just steam but other places).

So, maybe try checking on blues occasionally, even if you don't check out steam weekend sales

Edit 3:
And of course google turned up this
http://steamalerts.com/
It will email you when a price on a steam game drops to your specified amount. Haven't tried it, I'll give it a go for skyrim.
That also offers a steam price history function.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2012, 20:13.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo