Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

76. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 11, 2012, 15:56 RollinThundr

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 04:28:
RollinThundr wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 15:17:
Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 13:19:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 12:57:
Not around the world. Can't get sh*t in Australia. We still have Kangaroos delivering our movies. VHS tapes in their pouches. Might as well be any way!

Steam's set up box isn't going to change that. That's the Australian cable companies having locked up the market with government blessing, so they don't have to deal with competition. It's not like Valve is going to be able to do anything about that.

Creston

Australia is one big fucking nanny state anyway. it's amazing to me that people actually want government to tell them how to live, what to eat, what they can and can't buy. etc.
People don't want that, it's just what happens. Sometimes people that think they know best get in - they tend to be Religious Men or Women with something to prove. We have a lot, and I mean A LOT of lawyers in government.

So why do people allow it? That the state can tell mature adults they can't buy a game for example due to it's content just blows my mind. Much like the New Yorkers who continue to elect idiots like Bloomberg who thinks outlawing sale of coca cola will somehow fight obesity.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo