Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

70. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 7, 2012, 07:06 Dades

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 05:45:
I'm not saying it's beneficial performance wise. I'm saying that without it, the illusion of a lush jungle is broken because they couldn't possibly present the same amount of lush detail in the far distance.

No, that's what you finished with. What you started out with was:

As for FC3 DoF.. I get it. The game is so incredibly detailed up close, that keeping that lvl of detail in the distance would kill even the most ambitious PC gamer rig out there.

That says you think Depth of Field is needed as some sort of performance related tool, it is spelled out there. That is what I was talking about in my comment. Depth of Field has nothing to do with being required for "keeping that lvl of detail in the distance would kill PC rigs", it actually has a negative performance impact. That's all I was saying, that you didn't get it and properly understand what the feature was. Depth of Field in Far Cry 3 can actually hamper performance, that is why many people are turning it off since the game is already pretty tight on framerates with MSAA.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo