Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Grows Dec 6, 2012, 23:51 Axis

I feel for them. It's their hail mary but unfortunately they're just too deep in default to pull out.

They made some bad decisions, but their worst was teaming up with Microsoft to use their incredibly shit GFWL.

No active multi in multi-heavy genres? Your game gets forgotten almost immediately. Biggest case in point is Red Faction series, with the best world destruction far before it's time, great inventive multiplayer modes, easy to mod, all the things communities are built with - no one gave a shit cause it was GFWL hurdles left and right, big pain in the ass.

And look at the DoW series, really incredible stuff, no shits given. DOWII was just too late on that trigger to put GFWL down.

GFWL was the real death sentence. Not exactly something you can put a finger on, but my finger sure feels it.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo