Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

64. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 6, 2012, 14:35 Flatline

avianflu wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:51:
ArsTechnica complains about the enemi AI: the nice thing about FarCry 1 was that enemies in outdoor levels would not simply run straight at you.

"The enemy artificial intelligence is also a low point. The waves and waves of pirates that come at you in many missions have a distressingly low sense of self-preservation, often charging your position at full speed, running out in the open just to be shot down easily. Other times they’ll stand there stupidly at point blank range, waiting for you to pivot around and kill them before they react. When the game wants to turn up the difficulty, it usually just throws more of these pirates at you"

As opposed to Far Cry 1 & 2 (at least, 2 on the console) where enemies had binoculars glued to their eyes and could bullseye you from half a mile away with a pistol while they were only 2 pixels tall on your screen?

Or FC2, where the foliage blocked your field of view but the enemy AI's FOV was uninhibited and would detect you through bushes and trees and stuff unless there was actual level geometry between you and the enemy (and even then they'd sometimes get super x-ray vision and see through the goddamn walls and stuff).

I want to try FC3, but those two things were deal breakers for me in the previous games. I have FC2 on the PC that I'm about 8 minutes into, so I don't know if that was a console limitation or not, but I kind of doubt it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo