Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 6, 2012, 11:14 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 21:53:
I don't mind Windows 8 from using it for the last month, since I had to learn support for it at work. But you know what? It's usable because I can just skip all the shit that makes it Windows 8 and use it exactly like Windows 7, without ever touching the new "desktop"... I never take it out of desktop mode in normal use. So why use 8 instead of 7? I can't honestly think of a good reason.

That is fair, but then it also doesn't mean Win 8 sucks, as some go straight to. To me it means there are two very close O/S's out there, one is slightly updated, but then again several apps we use get updates and that usually is a good thing. As you say, if you hate metro or don't need it (ME!), you can hide it and never see it and then it's a slightly updated Win7. Would I pay $40 or $100 for it? No. I rec'd a laptop with it on already, don't see no reason to move it to 7. System runs exteremely similar to Win 7, in the Control Panel there is a program that still uses the name Win7, doh!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo