Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Consumers To Pay More For Basic Cable. Dec 5, 2012, 23:04 noman

No, it didn't have to do with the Windows Store, and I see that thrown out there every time an article about this comes up. Seriously, just go read the damn quote. Go do it, I'll wait.

Like I said, it had everything to do with Windows Store. He did try to include some of the hardware OEMs in it as well (because of MS building their own PC for the very first time). It was nothing to do with the OS usability and/or the comment on its new interface.

As for how you have turned Windows8 into Windows7, that's nothing new. People did this with Windows XP, Vista, Win7 and even Win95 for that matter. The metro interface can have a bunch of improvements for desktop use, there's no denying that. But the start screen is already more useful than the previous start menu, and some of the metro screen applications (simple games in particular) run very well on this UI.

And in any case, we are digressing here. The reason I posted was how factually wrong the article was in mentioning the Steam user adoption rate of 0.5%, when it's actually close to 5% just for the x64 version. The Gabe Newell's quote is something folks like to throw in for no rhyme or reason.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo