Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 15:09 WarpCrow

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:58:
Social pressure means their closest friends Not some abstract community. The inner circle of their monkeysphere, so to speak.

Most cheaters on the Internet would instantly stop if we could get into their inner circle and chastise them there. It doesn't need violence or any other method, chastising them to their CLOSEST friend is all that's needed. Of course, shaming them by real name is the approach vector for that, but in a sense that's like the nuclear weapon ;p

By the way -> http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

Well, yes, if a person close to them makes a big deal out of them cheating then they might just stop, but that can't always happen and I don't think it means we shouldn't try to shoot them down where we can. You can't just leave them alone to wreak havoc as they please. It might not stop the dedicated ones, but at least it's a speed bump and it might cause others to stop and consider whether they want to risk losing their legitimately earned progress.

Either way, it's important to show the players that they're doing something. I've seen communities die in a large part because you could cheat or bot without consequence and it was taken advantage of extensively enough that people got sick of it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo