Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 12:07 theyarecomingforyou

avianflu wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:30:
so you guys are installing UPlay?! Really? Really?
Yup. It's barely any different to the launcher screens that used to accompany a lot of games. Sure it connects online, being that we now live in a connected era, but it works offline as well. Is it necessary? No. Does it interfere with my enjoyment of the game? Nope.

avianflu wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:51:
ArsTechnica complains about the enemi AI: the nice thing about FarCry 1 was that enemies in outdoor levels would not simply run straight at you.
Some enemies will run straight at you (typically the heavily armoured ones), others will run and slide behind cover, others will try to flank you, etc. Then there's the way that animals interact with enemies, which is really pretty decent. Personally I think the AI works well considering you're talking about an open game world, and it's certainly a lot better than the AI in the original Far Cry! Is it the pinnacle of gaming AI? Of course not, but I still think it's some of the best out there (which isn't saying much).

Just out of interest, what do people currently consider to be the best singleplayer AI for a FPS?

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo