Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 08:20 theyarecomingforyou

Bhruic wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 02:11:
I like the game aspects, but the crafting is damn annoying. I suppose it was their way to force players to interact with the animals, but I'd much rather just be able to buy upgrades rather than have to craft them. Doesn't seem like it adds anything to the game at all.
It gets you to explore, which isn't a bad thing. Certainly I can't see such a system making it into any sequel but I think it's alright - it gives you something more to do, which was something Far Cry 2 was severely lacking.

I really love the antenna gameplay mechanic, as that really encourages exploring. The outpost system is also pretty cool, especially the way you get somewhere to quick travel and you then have friendly troops driving around the area. The side-missions - like killing people or animals - are a waste of time and could have been handled better.

I think Far Cry 3 is a great game. It's certainly not without its issues but I think when you look at it as a whole it's a very strong game, easily a contender for game of the year. Certainly it's a lot stronger than Far Cry 2, although I did very much like that game (even though some elements were poorly done). I'll have to complete the game and try out co-op before deciding whether I like it better than Borderlands 2 or Dishonored but it's definitely a step forward for the genre.

PS - With games like this I'm really intrigued as to what Valve is going to do with Half-Life 3, as open world elements are becoming pretty important to singleplayer FPS games.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo