Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 5, 2012, 01:04 Narf2029

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 23:53:
Narf - About being pissed about COH, how long do we really expect these to last?

Ultima Online is still running. Everquest is still running. I don't know about UO (edit: according to UO.com they just hit 15 years and they're still developing for it!) but EQ still gets updated. I don't expect an MMO to last forever but if it's still got 100k users and turns a profit consistently, why shut it down? I really doubt the combined user base of UO and EQ top 100k, yet on they go. Most of us former City players are only pissed off about the situation because the shutdown made no sense (not to mention that it was handled in a sudden and cruel way). If it had been losing money then yeah, that makes sense. It may not have been printing money WoW-style, but what does? If it barely saw any new development then yeah, shut it down, but the developers were days away from releasing another major content update when the news hit. And when I say the news hit, I mean the developers found out they were fired when they went to work one day and the building was locked. Who does that?

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2012, 01:09.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo