Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 4, 2012, 21:41 Shataan

I have a 6 core 1090T at 3600 mhz. GTX 680. 8 gigs ram with a RAID 0 setup. I am maxed ingame vis settings at 1680x1050. No problems at all for game performance. Absolutely love the visuals in dx11. Weap models are really sweet. Game overall looks amazing. Altho the color pallete has the game looking on the cartoonish side. Awesome animations alround.

FarCry had in the vis setting applet 3 settings to allow for stock color saturation, and 2 others that allowed you to set it so the ingame colors looked more gritty realistic. Why they didn`t include this in FC 3 is anyones guess. It would have rocked.

The RPG menu system is clunky as it gets tho. I`d rather spend more time in the gameworld than hitting Esc. to make stuff etc etc etc. But aaah well. Not digging that some controls REFUSE to allow me to change to MY liking. Guess that`s the consolisms rearing its fugly head. ;p

So far the coolness outwieghs the cons.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo